Every life insurance policy document clearly states the 'Nominee/Beneficiary' in case of a claim. Based on the nature of the policy, the beneficiary can vary.
|Nature of the Policy||Beneficiary|
|On Own Life||Nominee or Appointee (in case of minor nominee) last recorded under the policy|
|Not On Own Life||Proposer|
|If Policy is Assigned||Assignee|
|Health Insurance||Life Assured|
In order to ensure that the claim settlement process is hassle-free, ensure that:
|Type of Claim||Requirement|
|Death(all causes of death)||1. Claim Forms
• Part I : Application Form for Death Claim (Claimant’s Statement)
• Part II : Physician’s Statement
2. Death certificate issued by a local government body like municipal corporation/village panchayat
3. Medical cause of death certificate issued by attending physician
4. Attested true copy of indoor case papers of the hospital(s)
5. Post mortem (autopsy report) & chemical viscera report – if performed
6. Advance discharge voucher from Group Administrator
7. KYC of claimant along with cancelled cheque (bearing the name of claimant) or passbook of claimant in case the payment is to be made in name of claimant. Declaration from master policy holder is also required on letter head of master policy holder
|If death due to accident(submit in addition to the above)||8. All police reports/first information & final investigation report
9. Proof of accident – panchnama/ inquest panchnama, etc.
10. Newspaper cutting/photographs of the accident – if available.